22.214.171.124 Wall Ties
Masonry accessory wall ties must be used to connect-
- Masonry veneer wall cladding to a timber or metal load bearing frame complying with the building codes and
- The two leaves of cavity masonry; and
- Two leaves of masonry forming a single wall with no cavity; and
- Intersecting masonry walls at a joint course bonding is not employed.
Continue reading “Wall Ties”
Steel Framing 3.4.2
Where the building has been designed alternatively as construction of a steel framing system the performance requirement must comply with building codes.
Continue reading “Steel Framing”
Sub-Floor Ventilation – 3.4.1
The clearance between the ground surface and the under side of the floor, must be in accordance with sub-floor ventilation building codes.
Sub-Floor Ventilation – 126.96.36.199
The sub-floor ventilation will prevent moisture from the ground causing unhealthy or dangerous conditions, or loss of amenity for occupants and undue dampness or deterioration of building elements.
Continue reading “Sub-Floor Ventilation”
Balustrade Construction – 3.9.2
Balustrades or barriers are required or to provided along the side of any roof to which public access is provided, any stairway or ramp, any floor, corridor, hallway, balcony, deck, verandah, mezzanine, access bridge or the like and along the side of any path of access to a building, if:
- it is not bounded by a wall
- it’s level above the surface beneath, is more than (4 metres where it is possible for a person to fall through an open-able window or 1 metre in any other case).
Continue reading “Balustrade Construction”
Stair Construction – 3.9.1
The following definitions are used in this part:
Flight means that part of a stair that has a continuous slope created by the nosing line of treads. The length of a flight is limited to restrict the distance a person colud fall down a stair.
Quarter landings are considered sufficient to halt a person’s fall and therefore are considered for the purposes of this article not to be part of the flight.
Continue reading “Stair Construction”